That’s right. We’re talking about snow.The wonderful white stuff that I love to see in December and, by the end of February, usually loathe.
These are my favorite things to do in it (well, the first four are – the last one is sort of an end-of-February snowy activity):
1) Snowball fights – there are fewer things more fun than spending an entire day building a couple of snow forts, and then using a 15 minute snowball battle to tear them both to the ground
2) Drive in it – As a married parent of four, I don’t get to experience very much life-threatening excitement. Skydiving, swimming with sharks, going on vacations with Bear Grylls…they all seem like things to do after the kids are in college. The only excitement left for me is to drive into a snow drift at 55 mph and try to control the fish tailing.
3) Eat it – When I was a kid, grandma used to have us go out and get a bowl full of snow, mix in sugar and vanilla flavoring and !presto! a delicious bowl of snow. I recently tried it with the kids. They took one bite and threw their bowls back outside. I tried a bite and had to agree.
4) Sled on it – the Chevy Chase sledding scene from Christmas Vacation is the best sledding scene in the history of movie making.
5) Watch it melt…and see spring come gushing up through it.
So help me fill out the list. What do you like to do with snow?