I love Tuesdays: a day for us to put down our differences and agree that my opinions are always right.
Today I’ve assembled the Top 10 snack foods of all time. As usual, I’m sure you’ll bow to my list as the premier compilation of (in this case) snack food. Just as everyone agreed with my Top Ten ice cream list and Top Ten candy list.
Well, here we go – the top 10 snack foods of all time:
10) Chocolate Weetabix – it’s a UK thing, and it’s so good it kind of defies convention – is it a cereal? Is it a candy? Is it snack food? It’s all three, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.
9) Sun Chips – the flavor that radiates from these chips is where they got the name. Genius. And now they come in a compostable bag. Since I recently started a compost pile, this is very handy (I’m not being sarcastic; I really did start a compost pile).
8) Smart Food White Cheddar Popcorn – the only drawback to these is that when you are finished eating there is a slight film of cheddar covering your fingers. But any snack worth its weight in calories will have you licking your fingers when you’re finished, so this is not a big deal.
7) Andy Cap’s White Cheddar Steak Fries – I discovered these while living in Virginia. They’re like french fries, but crispy, and they come in larger portions than what you would typically get at a fast food restaurant (not that I eat at those places . . . ever . . . not even once in a . . . well, maybe occasionally).
6) Pretzel Rods – the classic snack. When I was a kid this was as close as I could get to even pretending I was smoking a cigar.
5) Wheat Thins and Easy Cheese – what could be better than small, thin squares of who knows what? How about taking those small squares and covering them in the most completely processed cheese of all time, the kind of cheese that comes out of a metal tube and spits at you when there’s none left? I know, sounds gross, but for some reason I love it.
4) Pita Chips with Spicy Hummous – probably the healthiest option on this list. I should have put it at number one, if I cared about what people thought of my diet. And because it’s healthy, I’ve probably also misspelled it.
3) Combos – I love pretzels, and I love cheese, and this snack does the combining for me.
2) Corn Nuts – this should be on everyone’s top 10 list. Corn nuts are crunchy, taste like popcorn, and are made of nothing but corn, vegetable oil and salt. Artistically simple.
1) Chocolate Covered Pretzels – I could eat these 24 hours a day. Yes, I sleep a portion of that, but if you put a box of these beside my bed I will eat them in my sleep.
So, what do you think? I know I shouldn’t even have to ask this question, but what have I missed?