This week starts my foray into the world of guest posting – I’ll be handing over the link to to my post at Bryan Allain’s blog in a second. Bryan’s a friend I met since moving back to Pennsylvania, and we like to meet for breakfast where I eat unhealthy food and he orders things like spinach and feta omeletes. He’s got a great thing going on at his blog, and I’m privileged to have my post about living in Amish country appear there today.
So since I’m already posting over on Bryan’s site, I thought I’d throw a few random thoughts your way:
1) The most visited page on my blog is the first post in the story of our move from a nice house in Virginia to my parent’s also-nice basement (but not ideal for 6 people) in Pennsylvania.
2) The most contentious post was my list of ten of the all-time best types of candy.
3) Some time in the near future I will have, as a follow up to my review of Tyler Stanton’s book Everyday Absurdities, a list of 10 questions answered by the one and only Tyler Stanton.
4) on Friday this week I’ll be guest posting at my friend Andi’s blog, and she’ll be guest posting here about Ray Bradbury, Transformers, and settling for less than the moon
5) I’m thinking about sharing a series of stories about people on their journey of identity. If you or someone you know has an interesting story about a decision you made regarding what to do for a living, or how you make time for the things you are passionate about, or how you traveled a fascinating life journey to get to wherever it is you’ve gotten, let me know. Maybe I’ll blog about it.
But, as he likes to remind you, I don’t watch tv, so I wouldn’t know for sure.