1 – We’re still raising money for charity:water. Click HERE to track our progress, or to give. Maile and I are matching the first $100 in gifts today – just go to the site, donate money, and put “shawnsmucker.com match” in the subject line. 5 minutes of your time and $10 and you’ll be contributing to someone getting clean water who doesn’t currently have it. Seriously. Put down your coffee, click on the link, and give. It couldn’t be easier.
2 – Time is running out for you to register for the upcoming Fireside Writer’s Conference. We’ll be talking with authors, professional social media types, bloggers, professors…all to find out more about the writing process. Check out all the speakers and topics HERE. Or if you’re not available that weekend, at least go HERE and “like” it. I’ll feel so much better about myself (and you’ll get periodic updates on upcoming classes and other writerly events).
Now on to the most important list of trivial things you’ll ever encounter:
TUESDAY’S TOP 10 – BEST CARNIVAL FOODS OF ALL TIME
Having just returned from the Great Frederick Fair (which I wrote about in yesterday’s post, “My Third Favorite Day of the Year”), I’m going through a cleansing diet of sorts. The following are the top ten culprits, the foods that get me every year:
1. Funnel Cake – this mound of fried dough and powdered sugar always looks insurmountable, but before you know it you’ve eaten every last bite and proceed to lick the paper plate. Little do you know, you’re face is covered with the stuff.
2. Ice Cream – if you’ve read my Top 10 Ice Cream list, you know where my weakness lies
3. Jumbo Turkey Legs – I don’t even like these things, but I do like carrying them around because it makes me feel like Fred Flintstone
4. Fried Oreos – I’ve never even eaten these (yet), but the idea is sooooo carnival
5. Crab Cake Sandwiches – the best crab cake sandwich in the history of the civilized world is made at J.B. Seafood at the Great Frederick Fair. I can’t even talk about it without getting emotional.
6. Cotton Candy – it vanishes in your mouth. What else needs to be said?
7. Candy Apples – I don’t like apples, but I know that the masses will riot if this item is not included
Help me finish my list – what three fair food items am I missing?
Don’t forget to go to charity:water and give. If you’re in the first $100 of donations today, I’ll match it.