A few weeks ago I tried to write a Top Ten regarding Summer. You’d think that with barbeques and July 4th parties, it would be easy.
If you’d like to supplement my Summer top 10, feel free. In the mean time today’s list is of a different sort: the reality is, it’s June. The anti-reality is, it is December. And I love December.
The top ten things I love about December are:
1) The cold. I love the cold.
2) Coats and sweaters and jeans and wool socks and scarves and gloves.
4) Christmas afternoon: helping Lucy and Abra put their toys together, working on Cade’s latest Lego acquisition, watching Sammy crawl like mad through the wrapping paper.
5) Early nights spent by roaring fires.
7) Christmas lights (not my own, but seeing other people’s).
8) New Year’s Eve – even though I’m usually asleep by 10pm, I still like all the excitement.
9) Christmas music
10) Those red and green Captain Crunch and the cranberry ginger ale they only sell during Christmas time
So, what do you think? Am I a summer humbug? Or are you a winter-ite like me basking in anti-reality?