I am not a huge fan of the summer. I prefer cooler temperatures, the smell of woodsmoke and the colors of autumn. But in an attempt to be thankful and, as Henri Nouwen says, to live in the Here and Now, here’s my list of the top ten things I like about summer:
1. Cooking food on the grill
2. Eating vegetables right out of the garden
3. Mowing the yard
4. Air conditioning
5. Long days of sunlight
7. Cool mornings
8. Watching my kids run through the sprinkler
9. Saturdays spent working outside
10. Warm evenings reading a book
What about you? What’s your favorite season? What do you love about summer?
Check in tomorrow for the Best of May – all the most-read blog posts written by the folks who read this blog.