– After the unofficial vote yesterday, I don’t think I made much progress convincing myself (or Maile) that watching Lost on dvd fits within the parameters of our no-tv-for-a-year rules. Bryan, I’ll be returning the box to you bright and early Monday morning, hoping to re-borrow it on January 1st, 2011. For anyone who is counting, the final tally I calculated was 6-6 (many people never said what they actually thought, so I had to use the tone of their comment to decide which way they were leaning…I know, I know, a totally subjective method)
– Check out this link to the Fireside Writer’s Conference being held this fall. We’ve got one speaker’s bio and picture up (but you have to go there to see who it is), and many more to come. (Editor’s note – make that two; now you have twice as many reasons to click over and take a look).
– I’m about to go on a guest-posting tour to a blog near you. Let me know if you’re interested in having me swing by your site and do a guest-post (email me at shawnsmucker(at)yahoo.com).
– Currently reading: Deep Church, A New Kind of Christian, A House For Mr. Biswas (still), and the most recent volumes of The Missouri Review and Glimmer Train (yes, someone throw me a life preserver because I’m drowning in books)
– Spend these days listening to: Innocence Mission, Over the Rhine, Sting, Natalie Merchant and David Gray
So what are you reading? Listening to? Looking forward to about the weekend?
5 Replies to “The Results Are In”
Although i am disappointed that my “Top 10 reasons to watch Lost” was not enough to sway you, I can certainly respect your decision.
Currently Reading – Mere Christianity (C.S. Lewis), The Revolutionary Paul Revere (Joel Miller) & Different Minds (Deirdre Lovecky)
Currently Listening to – Eclectic mix (Ottmar Liebert, Flyleaf, DMB, Carlos Whittaker, Dixie Dregs, Switchfoot, Bela Fleck, etc…). I keep coming back to Beautiful Things by Gungor though. That album is amazing.
Hope to relax this weekend & maybe play some tennis with the kids. Oh, and date night tonight! Prince of Persia or Ironman 2 – my wife is awesome!
What?!? You are sticking to your guns about no TV! I applaud you, b/c if you said you weren’t gonna watch, they why watch? Besides, there are so many great films to watch on your occasional movie night.
I recently watched “Au Revoir Les Enfants” and it lived up to the worldwide acclaim. I also rewatched “Ushpizin” – which is great, solid and unique.
Currently finishing up reading “Three Cups of Tea” and getting through “South of Broad.”
Listening to Jenny Lewis, Amy Cook and Sufjan. (and whatever the kids are listening to like Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson!) Seriously – listen to Acid Tongue and You are What You Love by Jenny Lewis and try not to be hooked! :)
Have a great weekend Smuckers!
If it helps, I was going to vote no…I would have tipped the balance…
Reading….Lost in the Cosmos (W. Percy) Love in the Time of Cholera, Don’t Waste Your Life (J. Piper), Reading Like a Writer (F. Prose)
Listening to…Brooke Waggoner, Mumford & Sons, Dawes, Buddy Miller
This weekend…I’m going to wake up ridiculously early tomorrow morning to snap a photograph of an old church they’re tearing down soon.
Summer vacation is good :)
I just wanted to say my brother is awesome =)
Listening to Pandora (jazz) right now. Muse, Five for Fighting, Glenn Beck.
Reading – The 5,000 Year Leap, Liberal Fascism, Freedomnomics, Modern Times.
Looking forward to taking my wife out for sushi (for her birthday, belatedly).
Comments are closed.