Maile and I are thrilled to announce a new writing program: The Nine Month Novel! We can’t wait to come alongside you—whether you are a beginner or an experienced writer—and provide you with the encouragement, instruction, and direction you need to write a novel in nine months.
Through the course of the nine-month program you will:
- Complete the first draft of an 80,000-word novel, either a brand-new story or completing one you’ve worked on before
- Receive 30+ weekly videos that provide encouragement, direction, insight into various elements of writing a novel, and interviews with other authors
- Participate in one to two monthly live Zoom calls where we’ll cheer you on, answer questions, and chat with industry experts, including authors, agents, and editors
- Receive recommended reading selections that correspond with where we’re at in the novel-writing process
- Chat with other writers as well as Shawn and Maile in an online community
- Complete the program and move forward in your writing life with goals in mind and tangible steps forward
Who the heck are Maile and Shawn? I’m glad you asked.
Shawn is an award-winning novelist by night (with five titles under his belt) and a collaborator and co-writer by day (having worked on 25+ books with other authors). He has an honors degree in English, has been making a living as a writer for eleven years, is represented by agent Rachelle Gardner, and has released books independently and with publishers.
Maile has an honors degree in English, has written three novels, and is currently in the querying process, so…she knows your pain. She has raised six children in the last 17 years and is beginning to have more time to dedicate to her first love…no, not Shawn. Writing. She has taught writing in different settings, including as a table leader for the Black Barn Online.
The two of them love coaching and encouraging other writers, something they do regularly at their podcast, The Stories Between Us. They can’t wait for you to join them on this novel-writing journey.
When will this program run?
Registration is open until February 24th. The first video will go out on February 28th, along with the syllabus and recommended reading list, and the class will run through the beginning of November.
What do you cover? Is there a syllabus?
You can take a look at everything we’ll cover HERE.
How long will I have access / what if I fall behind?
You will have lifetime access to the core content videos, so if finishing in nine months is not possible because life gets in the way, you can work through the weekly videos at your own pace. Some components (like the live Zoom calls) are time-sensitive, but the core content videos can be worked through at any time.
I know what you’re all wondering…how much does this program cost?
We are currently offering everything listed above, including the 30+ recorded videos on writing, the Zoom calls, and the online community, for:
- A $150 deposit plus 9 monthly payments of $99 ($1041 total), paid over the duration of the course*
- A one-time payment up-front of $979
We don’t know that we’ll ever be able to offer this course again for this price–every comparable course we’ve been able to find online is in the $1,200 – $3,000 range. But we really want this first run to be open to as many people as possible. We hope you’ll join us!
We’d love for you to come along with us on this nine-month novel-writing journey.
You can sign up or find out more HERE.
*There is a 30-day, no questions asked, 100% money-back guarantee. No refunds will be given after 30 days…but why would you want one? You’re on your way to writing a novel!
** Header image by James Pond via Unsplash